The Integrated Communicator
Plan your day with this at-a-glance schedule:
Thursday, May 31
Interested in accreditation? Attend our APR Express Workshop from 11:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. at SUNY Buffalo State and come away with full knowledge of what it takes to achieve accreditation, from the Panel Presentation to the electronic exam. Register here.
Friday, June 1
Continental Breakfast | 7:15 – 8:00 a.m.
Welcome | 8:00 a.m.
Siobhan Kent, PRSA Northeast District Chair;
Devon Jerla, PRSA Buffalo Niagara Chapter President;
Anthony D’Angelo, APR, Fellow PRSA, 2018 PRSA Chair
Morning Keynote | 8:15 – 9:15 a.m.
- Work With Lasting Impact
Sharon Napier; CEO, Partners + Napier
Breakout Sessions | 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Getting Googley: Analytics, SEO, AdWords Bootcamp
John Senall; Mobile First Media, LLC
- Crisis Plans Provide A False Sense Of Security
Dr. Frank Marra; Rochester Institute of Technology
- Shaping the Narrative: How the Media Tells Stories that Engage Audiences & Drive Action
John Mackowiak; Martin Davison Public Relations/The Martin Group
Sean Kirst, columnist for The Buffalo News
Julie Philipp, senior engagement editor at the Democrat & Chronicle
Carolyn Thompson, correspondent for the Associated Press
Dave Debo, news director for WBFO News
- Measuring Internal Communications Efforts
Stacey Smith and Sean Williams; Jackson Jackson & Wagner, True Digital Communication
Breakout Sessions | 10:45 – 11:45 a.m.
- Creating a Culture of Accountability and Impact
Gregg Dinino and Pete VonDerLinn; Partners + Napier
- The Mea Culpa Response: Why the Absence of Diversity at the Table Can Hurt Your Communication Strategy
Rene Petties-Jones; NFJC of WNY, Inc.
- The Underestimated Power of Hyper-Local Storytelling
Geri Denterlein, Denterlein; Alan Pergament, The Buffalo News; Paul Doyle, Denterlein
- Optimizing your Web Writing for People and Search Engines
Sofia Tokar and Brian Piper; University of Rochester
- Convergence: How to Connect with Marketing Disciplines for Greater Impact
Amy Shanler, Boston University College of Communications
Lunch Keynote | 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- How Headlines are Made from Washington: Lessons from the White House
Liz Allen; Senior Vice President; Glover Park Group
Moderated by Buffalo's WGRZ 2 on Your Side Journalist Michael Wooten.
- Securing Speaking Opportunities that Give Voice to Your Brand
Amy Scarlino; Scarlino Speaker Strategies, LLC
- It's A Bird, It's A Plane...It's A PR Firm?
Roger Rosenbaum; Brand-News-Team, Inc.
- Stop Doing the Stupid Stuff: Using Indexes, Insights and Integrated dashboards To Show what Really Works
Katie Delahaye Paine; Paine Publishing
- Improving Brainstorming Methods to Win More Business
Keith Green, APR; Guinness World Records
- The Perfect Video in the Perfect Place
Frank Conjerti; Quinlan
Breakout Sessions | 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- The State of #Sponsored Social Lessons for Practitioners, Brands, Agencies, and Creators
Regina Luttrell; Syracuse University and Kelly Gaggin; Strategic Communications, LLC
- How Building A Powerful Brand Is The Foundation of Good PR
Danielle M. DelMonte; Danielle Marie Communications
- The Six Tasks of Crisis Leadership: How to Help Your Boss or Client Lead During Tough Times
Joseph A. Brennan, Ph.D., Fellow PRSA; Communications Counsel for Higher Education
- Telling Your Brand Story Through Marketing Automation
Nicole Kingsley Brunner; Manning & Napier
Post-Conference Happy Hour | 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
After the conference is over, join The Martin Group and its PR affiliate, Martin Davison Public Relations, to unwind at its corporate headquarters, 620 Main St., Buffalo, for local craft beer, wine, and hors d’oeuvres! Sign up here for the happy hour.
(Speakers subject to change.)